A few months ago a guest pastor at our church shared that he chose 12 life verses that he memorized and recites daily as encouragement and reminder. I thought it's a great idea so I chose my 12 life verses:
This is the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it
I lift up my eyes to the mountains-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth
To live is Christ, and to die is gain.
He must increase, but I must decrease.
1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want
2. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
3. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake
4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For you are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.
She opens her mouth in wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
Let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God. That is the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name. Do not neglect doing good and sharing for with such sacrifices God is pleased."
How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you