Sunday, November 24, 2013

Superhero Cape


I have been wanting to make one of those superhero cape for the boys after seeing the cover of this book:

I think every boy NEEDS one of those don't you agree?


There are many Cape Tutorial online such as this one but I decided to use the boy's bib and adjust the length to their height. I used Velcro that way they can easily put them on and off themselves.
   

I then print their initial and made an applique to personalize it:
   

Done! Ta Da:


They asked for the mask too, which I made from foam sheets and elastic using the mask template here

Then they headed to the park to see if anyone need their help there:



 
Turned out everything is okay so they decided to just have fun:


The End


Disclosure: The links in this post are affiliate links

3 comments:

  1. This is very cool, Ki. I saw similar cape when I was making Kirsten's halloween costume. Good job, mama Kiki! Love the masks too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! You inspired me to sew more too

      Delete