We don't eat cheesecake often because my hubby doesn't like it, but once in a blue moon when I crave for one I prefer to make it rather than buying it from a store.
The process of making the crust
The crust after baking it on the oven:
The end result:
The cracks in the middle was caused by me poking to it when it's not done. :(
Oh well... life is not perfect.
I don't have 9 inch ring pan as the recipe called so I used my 10 inch one.
My cake turned out to be fine just shorter than it's supposed to be.
Yield one 9" round springform pan
1.5 cups finely ground graham cracker
4 Tbs unsalted butter
The cheesecake filing:
2 (8-oz) packages of cream cheese, room temperature
2 (8-oz) mascarpone cheese, room temperature
150 g sugar
6 Tbs coffee flavored liqueur
4 Tbs all-purpose flour
1 tsp of vanilla extract
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 Tbs chocolate powder
1 (1 ounce) square dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, Mix the melted butter into the crumbs. Moisten with 2 Tbs of the coffee liquor
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of springform pan
- Bake until it is set and beginning to brown about 12 minutes. Let it cool
- Decrease the oven temperature to 325 F. Place a pan of water on the bottom rack of the oven
- To make the cheesecake filling, beat the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, and sugar with a paddle attachment until very smooth. Add 4 Tbs coffee liqueur, vanilla extract, eggs (one at a time), and flour; mix slowly.
- Place a pan of water on the bottom rack of the oven
- Place the springform pan in the middle rack. Bake for 60 to 80 minutes.
- Take out the pan and let it cool
- Refrigerate overnight
- Sprinkle chocolate powder on the top
- Melt the dark chocolate then squeeze it on the top of the cheesecake