After 5+ years of daily hugs and cuddles, Max's beloved lovey turned flat:
He then asked me to make it fluffy again. I told him that I would have to do a little surgery.
So he gently kissed his lovey and told him that everything's going to be okay.
How to fluff a stuffed animal:
1. Find a seam on not so noticeable part of the stuffed animal. Use a seam ripper to rip a small portion of the seam. Make the hole large enough to fit your hand.
2. Take out and throw away the old filling
3. Run the flat stuffed animal in the washer
4. Fill with the new fiberfill. I used this one found at Joann:
5. Then sew the seam closed either by hand or sewing machine.
6. It's done! The happy and fluffed Hachiko:
We have two of them so now I have one more Hachiko to fluff up: